Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Teacher Gifts with the You Go Girl Classic Kit

Happy Tuesday all!  I hope you are having a great week.  Can you believe we are already six days into March.  I have been helping put together items for my ladies group at church next week.  One of the tables at our upcoming party is themed in pencils to go along with a story.  I found these cute pencils on Pinterest and knew they would be perfect for our favors.  As I was going through the kit this month all the colors and materials jumped out and I knew they would work perfectly for putting these favors together. 

For anyone needing thank you gifts for teachers I am throwing this out in plenty of time to make a few up.  We know the end of school will be here before we know it.   :)


The base is Rolo candy topped with a Hershey Kiss.  


I started with cardstock and used a bone folder to score every 1/2 inch along the length.  Once scored I folded along the score lines and hot glued it around the rolos.


For the pencils eraser I cut pink cardstock and hot glued the strip along the top.


I finished the pencils off with a little place to leave a note.  These frames are cut from the pattern paper in the kit and then glued to ribbon and topped with the gorgeous paper flowers in the kit.  


Once the ribbons were glued on to each pencil I covered it with the metallic washi tape in the kit to mimic the metal on the tops of wooden pencils.  


I love how these turned out and the beautiful feminine touches items from the kit gave these cute favors.  



Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  Happy Crafting!


No comments: