Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A few cards with the So Sweet Daily Diary Kit

I know Valentine's day has come and gone, but I love making cards.  The daily diary kits are perfect for this as they always contain fun little embellishments that fit a smaller size perfectly.  This week the design team was challenged was to use a grid or circle design in our projects.  I went for a grid design as the base of my cards and then built on from the main idea. 

I started with cardstock from the main classic kit for each of my cards along with a few pattern papers.  All the embellishments and stickers are from the daily diary kit.  

This card I punched the pattern papers with a large square punch and then filled the spaces with elements from the kit.  I popped up one of the small squares in the middle with foam adhesive.  


One of my favorites in the kit this month were those cute little metal hearts charms.  


This card was a more simplified grid since I only kept it in a square.  I used the square stickers and then filled the opposing "boxes" with thicker hearts.  


The sentiment is a phrase from a sticker sheet.  I finished the top and bottom off with strips of washi tape.  


You can see this card used that same grid idea and I filled some of the imaginary boxes with embellishments and then left others empty. 


I used the square stickers from the kit, phrase stickers, and then a heart thicker with a couple of strips of pattern paper to finish off this simple card. 


The last card I took a little more liberty with my grid.  I started making a grid with the puffy heart stickers and then left a space in the center for my sentiment.  It really resemble a grid, but it was the inspiration I started with.  The sentiment is a rubon from the American Crafts sheet that I placed on a Project Life 3x4 card.  I used foam adhesive to attach this to my card and then cut a few hearts from pattern paper to peak out form underneath.  


I finished it off with some phrase stickers on the top and bottom.  



I had so much fun with this weeks challenge.  It really pushed me to play with the product in the kits in different ways.  I love that!  

What are you creating with this months kit.  Are you stuck?  Be sure to try this weeks challenge and share on the Noel Mignon Member Facebook page with all of us.  









No comments: