Monday, January 15, 2018

{First Colors} Layout with the "She's So Crafty" Classic Kit

It's Monday and that means it's Meridy here, thanks for stopping by!  I want to share another layout I made with the "She's So Crafty" Classic Kit.  There were lots of vibrant colors in this month's kit and some really cool patterned papers, I decided to use this "color wheel" type of paper for a layout about my baby's first box of colors.  


As soon as I pulled this paper to work with, I knew I wanted to use the circle shape as a major design element for the layout.  First, I matted and placed my photos on the bottom right of the paper, then I fussy cut a  couple of the paint swatches from another paper.  Next, I punched a bunch of 2 different size hexagons and sprinkled them around the circle to fill in the blank spaces.


Finally, I got the puffy stickers out and sprinkled them around as well.  I decided to add a small cluster of these embellishments in some of the "white space" on the photos as  well, to visually bring the circle around.


I decided the layout looked a little bare, so I added some of the acrylic words to read "Little You", and the "I Love" flair button.  But the layout still looked a little disconnected.  So I decided to hand stitch in white embroidery floss around where the white circle I covered up on the patterned background was.  This finished the embellishments off. 


Last, it was time to add my title & journaling, again along the arch of the circle.  And with that, the layout was finally complete.  


Thank you for stopping by today!  I would love to see how you used this piece of patterend paper from the kit this month.  Share your layouts on our Noel Mignon Members Facebook page or on Instagram #NoelMignon.  Have a great day!!!




No comments: