Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Family is Home with the Home Sweet Home Classic Kit

Hello and happy Tuesday night!  Nicole here on the blog to share a layout with all of you.  This week the design team was challenged to use the plaid papers in the kits.  I admit I have a difficult time with plaid so I thought this one might be a big challenge.  I found myself really enjoying adding those plaid prints in to my layout.  I think the plaid gives it a fall/homey feel.  

As most of you know we have been dealing with packing, moving, and the business of unpacking the last several weeks.  We are all finally moved over now and are slowly finding our way around our new/old house.  The last couple of weeks have been really hard on my whole family as we have tried to find our way into a new normal.  I soon learned that it doesn't matter the town, neighborhood, or even house that makes a home, it's my family.  I firmly believe in documenting the good as well as the bad and this months kit was perfect for documenting what is going on in our lives right now.


I started with my background cardstock and marked it into a 2x2 grid and then folded the cardstock along the lines.  I love the subtle texture it gives my background.


I then used a large 2x2 square punch and used different plaid pattern papers to fill in some of the squares.  Before adhering them to the background cardstock I used the Tim Holtz distress crayon along the edges of the squares.  I love the shimmer copper color it adds to the edges.  


I then used two of the large phrase stickers and paired it with a die cut and the Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers to create my title.  I decided to add a few leaves punched from pattern paper as well as a die-cut from the kit and Elle's Studio labels to embellish my journaling block.  I added the leaves around my layout creating a visual triangle.



As a finishing touch I decided to add a couple of the patterned pebbles and a bit of the cute bird washi tape.


That's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and be sure to check back the rest of the week to see more inspiration using plaid from the rest of the gals.

Happy Scrapping!


No comments: