Friday, September 1, 2017

Good Characters: Study Guide Daily Diary Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with my first layout using the September Daily Diary kit, Study Guide.  Obviously, I wanted to start off with a school layout.  Last school year, both of my girls ended up getting the "Character of the Month" awards for their classes.  They came home with a medal, a water bottle and had their names on the announcements and their pictures up in the hallways.  They were ecstatic!


I love the ledger paper by Echo Park and it's the perfect background to hold the other bolder papers.  The orange paper is also by Echo Park and the pushpin paper is Jillibean Soup and the two 6x6 papers are from Fancy Pants.


The Thickers from Shimelle's new line are so cute!  I love how they are solid on the top and dotted on the bottom.  I was careful to be sure to space out the colors, with the exception of the year, I love how those are the same color. I used some stickers from Jillibean Soup and used my distress ink from Tim Holtz in Hickory Smoke (not included in the kit) to ink the edges of all of the papers.


The school themed ribbon was a perfect shelf for my photos.  I cut down one of the tags from the kit to do my journaling and used one of the flair badges to cover up the awkward space where the tag and ribbons overlapped.  My notebook paper edge punch was perfect for adding a little extra school aspect to the layout.


I love how the bulk of the layout is concentrated here.  This kit was the perfect way to document this memory!

We can't wait to see how you are using your Study Guide kits this month!  Please don't forget to upload them to the FB page so we can see them!


No comments: