Monday, September 11, 2017

{Back to School} with the "Study Guide" Kits

Hello Friends!  It's Meridy here with you today, and I have a layout I would like to share that I created with the "Study Guide" Daily Diary kit and paper add on.  As soon as I saw this kit, I KNEW that it would work with the Back to School 2017 photos I had taken this year.  The colors were amazing together.  In this particular layout, you cannot see the whole "set" of the photo shoot, but I plan on using more of the photos throughout the month.


I wanted this photo to be the star of the layout, so I decided to make a single photo layout.  I started with this great star patterned paper and built up a couple of layers of cardstock to mat my photo.  Next I added one of the tags from the kit and used that for a journaling block.  These multicolored Thickers are just the best part of this kit in my opinion, so of course I had to used them for my title.


I still felt like my layout needed a little something else, so I decided to do some machine stitching.  First I stitched across each row of stars with a red zig zag stitch.  Then, I stitched around each photo mat with a very dark aqua green thread.  Then I felt like the layout was complete.


All in all, this was a fairly simple layout to execute.  Since the background paper was so busy, it really didn't call for too many more embellishments.  I love the way it turned out.  Thank you for stopping by today!  The rest of the design team will be back each day this week with more inspiration to share.





No comments: