Friday, August 25, 2017

Workspace Hustle: August "Weekend in Paris" Classic Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with this week's challenge: share your workspace!  I thought this would be a great opportunity to also make a layout about my creative process.


I love the Heidi Swapp watercolor paper and wanted it to be featured.  The Maggie Holmes arrow paper is so beautiful as well and I used a big piece to highlight it.  


The title is from a Thickers pack from my stash - it was the perfect title for this subject.  I love how the epoxy ribbon snuggles right in with the title.  I used the last piece of doily from the kit and the other black and white ribbon and I love they way that they look layered together.  


The house paperclip from the kit was perfect for this layout since my workspace is in my home.  I used the Freckled Fawn vellum butterfly stickers to help bring attention to the watercolor paper without being too overwhelming.


I fussy-cut some of the flowers from the Maggie Holmes paper to use on either side of the photo.  The flair badge from the kit was a nice little detail on top of the floral piece.  And the black rub-on from my stash was a great addition and helped bring out some of the black in the layout.

And now....here are some photos of my workspace!  I have a room in my house that is dedicated to my scrapbooking and it is my safe space.

 

I have two Ikea shelves that house my albums and some of my supplies.  And a big tower of Iris containers hold supplies for projects that I'm working on or themed supplies like holiday or military things.  


On this shelf, I keep my patterned paper and cardstock along with scraps and some random bins full of things like Thickers and stickers.  


And my desk.  It's an Ikea desk with a row of drawers.  I love my space and I'm happy to share it with you.  We'd love to see your spaces in the Facebook group!


No comments: