Friday, August 11, 2017

Cross-Stitch: August Weekend in Paris Classic Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with this week's challenge: Using stitching somehow on your project.  It can be hand-stitching or using a sewing machine.  I chose to hand-stitch on my layout and it was perfect since my layout is about my daughter Caylan completing her first grown-up cross-stitching project.


For the background, I wanted to use this Heidi Swapp paper with the ovals on it because they remind me of the cross-stitching hoops used to make the projects.  I also used more Heidi paper with the pink gingham and a strip of Julie Nutting paper with the blue florals.  I chose to use some Tim Holtz distress ink to highlight the edges of the papers since I was using multiple patterns together.  I used the color Worn Lipstick.


I used some black thread to do my hand-stitching.  I did a few stitches along the Melissa Frances lace trim from the kit. I did this on the top and bottom of the layout.


I did bring out two things from my stash I had been saving for this layout.  The "So Much Fun" die cut and the "Make" wood veneer.  Both highlight this topic perfectly.  For the title, I used the Thickers and the Webster's Pages tiny alphabet stickers.  I highlighted the title and embellishment cluster with the enamel stickers from Thickers.


For more hand-stitching, I used an Amy Tangerine stencil from my stash and made some cross-cross stitches to highlight the fact that the topic is about cross-stitching.  I did a series of stitches on both sides of the layout.

This layout was super fun to make and I haven't hand-stitched in a while so it was a good push to get me to do it again.

Let us see how you take on this week's challenge in the Facebook group!


No comments: