Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Willard Bay with the Dive In Daily Diary Kit

Hello everyone!  Nicole on the blog today to share my layout.  This week the design team used sketches to help aide in their designs.  I used a sketch I was drawn to on my Pinterest sketch board.  I really like the center weighted design with the circular photo at the bottom.


I decided to use photos from our camping trip to Willard Bay a few years ago.  I had a couple of photos from this trip I wanted to use and after looking through the pattern papers I decided to cut into the Crate Paper with the swimming suits to create frames for these photos.  


I used a ruler and pencil to trace a border around each swimming suit.  


I cut the frames from the large pattern paper and then placed these on my background cardstock.  I backed the frames with pictures, stickers, and clips of the 8x8 pattern papers in the kit.

Following the center weighted design I kept the photos in the middle and then found a sunset picture of the bay and printed this for my large circular photo at the bottom.  

I used my Silhouette to cut the title from the pink chevron 8x8 pattern paper and added "Bay" to one of the brad elements by My Mind's Eye.  


I printed my journaling and placed it on the other side of my photo and then placed a word sticker strip below it and stamped the date.  


 I finished off my design by punching the corners from pattern paper and placing them on both of the upper corners.  I know I varied a lot from the original sketch but, hope you can see the elements from the original.  If you decide to use this sketch be sure to share your results on the Noel Mignon Facebook page.  We would love to see!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!