Monday, June 5, 2017

{Lazy River} Layout with the "Dive In" Classic Kit

Hello friends!  It's Meridy here, and I am using my brand new June 2017 "Dive In" Classic Kit this week.   I have 2 layouts to share with you today.  

I started out this layout based on the palm leaf background paper.  I wanted to use the whole paper as the main focus of my layout, and make it look like the photos are blending right into the paper.  So I choose photos that also had palm trees in them.  After I decided where to place the photos and layers of cardstock, I used an exacto knife to fussy cut a portion of the palm leaves so they could overlap the layers on the page.


Next, it was time for me to embellish the layout.  I really wanted to use the die cut palm leaves that came in the kit, but one of them didn't match the green color of the paper, so I colored that die cut a darker green with a marker.  Now it matches the layout much better.  


I added a strip of washi tape, some enamel dots, a piece of flair, a vellum phrase sticker, and a variety of chipboard stickers to finish off this layout.  


The next layout I want to share coordinates with the first layout I shared.  I used another piece of the My Mind's Eye paper for the background on this page to bring the 2 layouts together.


Since this layout is so photograph heavy, I decided to add tags and strips of paper only down the right hand side of the layout.  I loved the flamingo chipboard sticker, so I had to add that along with a few other embellishments from the kit, such as a vellum phrase sticker, a gold clip, a few enamel dots, some washi, and 2 cute tags.

I used the amazing stamp set that came in this kit to create the title "Lazy River".  I colored each letter in with the "abandoned coral" Tim Holtz Distress Marker that came in this month's kit as well!!!  I love that Noel Mignon kits usually come with a few reusable supplies, such as the stamp set and marker.


That wraps up this layout.  Thank you so much for stopping by today!
  



No comments: