Monday, June 19, 2017

{H2O Day} with the "Dive In" Classic Kit

Hello!  It's Meridy here today.  I have a 12x12 layout to share using the "Dive In" Classic Kit.  I think there are 2 more of these kits left in the store, and let me tell you, they are PERFECT for those bright, summer photos that you are taking these days!

The layout I'm sharing today has photos I took about a year ago of Water Day for my son's 1st Grade class.  I was able to get a couple of photos of the whole class together, and since there were so many bright colored swimsuits and towels, this kit was a perfect match!



I tried a BRAND NEW TECHNIQUE, that I have never tried before on this layout.  I have been accumulating a few stencils here and there over the years, and I wanted to try using texture (modeling) paste with them.  But, when I wanted to start my layout, it was late at night, and I couldn't go to the store to pick any up.  So I turned to Pinterest, which led me to Gabrielle Pollacco's blog, and her recipe for homemade modeling paste!  Basically, she uses baby powder, white glue, white acrylic paint, and a little water, all of ingredients I have at home, so I whipped some up and went to work using it with my stencil.  And it worked!!!!


I was so excited that I had this new technique to add a little texture to my layouts.  With her recipe I have PLENTY of modeling paste left over to use it on more layouts in the future.  I sealed it up in a small mason jar so it won't dry out.  

I decided to build up my embellishment cluster and title in the same area that the textured triangles were at the top of the layout.  So that's where I started using buttons, cardstock stickers, and enamel dots from this month's kit!  I added my title with alphabet stickers from my stash.  I finished off the clusters with a few splatters of yellow mist.


I created a second, matching cluster near the bottom of my layout, where I also had some more textured triangles.  This second cluster balanced out the one at the top of the page.  I only added a tiny bit of journaling to this layout, because I have a few more pictures of my son at this event.  Therefore, I will add a little more detailed journaling to the layout I create with those photos.


Thank you for stopping by today!  Let me know if you try out the modeling paste recipe, I just love this new technique that I finally braved!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of the modeling paste on your page. I need to try that.

Meridy said...

Thank you! It was fun trying something new!