Friday, May 26, 2017

Unicorn - May Spring Fling DD Kit

Hey!  Sarah here with my last layout using the May Spring Fling Daily Diary kit.  Who else got a Unicorn Frappaccino when Starbucks had them?  I sure did and it was good.  I didn't enjoy the sour aspect quite as much, but overall I enjoyed the drink.


I love that some of the papers and embellishments in the kit went perfectly with the theme I was going for.  I printed the picture to a 4x4 and printed out that Starbucks image I found online.  For the layering around the photo, I used two 4x6 project life cards and a scrap from one of the 6x6 papers.



I used an old Studio Calico coffee stain stamp and pink and purple inks to create these coffee stain clusters (none included in the kit).  The purple flowers from the kit were on a "vine" so I cut them off and scattered them around the stain stamps.  I also loved that "Ain't Life Grand" flair badge since the drink in the picture is a grande size.


I immediately knew I wanted to use this Dear Lizzy sentiment Thicker on this page.  Many people were "mad" about the drink or thought it was a dumb idea.  I didn't - I totally bought into it, lol!


The purple glitter Thickers are from my stash, but I HAD to use them here!  And I finished off the layout with a wood veneer and puffy stickers from the kit.

I love how whimsical this layout turned out and how girly it looks for that pink and purple drink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  If you have photos of this drink, I encourage you to use your May kit with it, it's awesome!


No comments: