Thursday, May 18, 2017

This makes me so happy

Good morning!

 I hope you're having a great week so far!

Today I have a page to share that just makes me happy.

My oldest daughter went through a phase where she was so shy, so unsure of herself.

The last couple of years, though, has been quite different.

She has become more confident and loves herself and all that she is able to do.

She is such an extraordinary girl, so talented and so kind.

I love that these photos show her excitement for life.

The colors in the Spring Fling Classic kit show off these pictures so well:


Last month I used lots of stars on my projects; I guess that this month I've leaned toward using hearts and there are an abundance in the Spring Fling Classic kit. Some of the hearts were handcut from patterned paper and left partly folded to add some dimension. I placed a cute glitter bow to one of them and used the negative space from one to layer the hearts on. I also added some epoxy, wood and cork hearts. 


I layered a couple of strips of paper (the black and white piece is the tear strip at the bottom of one of the patterned paper sheets) above the patterned paper and then grouped tags and other stickers. I pulled out the black and white tape from last month's kit to use at the top of my layout since it went so well with the pattern on my daughter's skirt. I also added the yellow accent with the paint from the kit. I was surprised at how quickly it dried. 


 I was going to use the little tag stickers for my journaling spot but instead layered some word stickers, more hearts and a piece of flair. I did handwritten journaling at the top of my page instead.

Thanks for stopping by to see us today! 

No comments: