Monday, May 8, 2017

{Spring Fling} with the "Spring Fling" Daily Diary Kit

Hello, friends!  It's Meridy here.  In honor of our "Spring Fling" Kits this month, the design team is creating layouts of spring flings, fairs, carnivals, or amusement parks.  I would like to share a double page layout.  I am using the Daily Diary kit and a 12x12 paper add on kit to create my layout today.


I started off my layout by cutting strips of some of the 12x12 papers as well as some of the 6x6 papers from the Daily Diary kit into 6"x 2" rectangles to go across the top of my layout.  Next, I used a polka dot stamp to add the "waterfall" of polka dots across the middle of the layout.  Next, I added a strip of the yellow washi from the kit and one of the branding strips to finish off the seam across the middle of the page. Then it was time for me to add my photos. 

Since I only had 2 photos of my daughter, but 5 of my son, I decided to add the title and journaling to the side of the layout with my daughter's photos.


I grabbed some of the 3x4 cards, painted the wood veneer yellow, used a Thicker "love" sticker from the kit to embellish this side of the page.  I also pulled a couple of heart embellishments from a previous Noel Mignon kit to dress up this page a bit more.


Since I had so many photos of my son, I didn't add too many other things on this side of the layout.


A few embellishments to match those on the opposite side of the layout was all I needed to complete this half.  I cut the hot air balloon from one of the cut apart patterned papers from the kit and popped it up with pop dots.


I love all of the beautiful papers in this month's kit and was happy to have them be a prominent feature on my layout this week!  Thank you for stopping by!




3 comments:

travelsontheblueroads said...

Just love the colors in this and love the touches of black they really make this layout pop! Thanks for sharing!

travelsontheblueroads said...

Just love the colors in ths and the touches of black really make the layout pop! Thanks for sharing!

Meridy said...

Thank you!