Tuesday, May 9, 2017

New/Old Bike with the Spring Fling Classic Kit

Hello! Nicole here to share my new layout for the week.  This week the design team is using the theme Spring Fling/Carnival/Fair/Amusement Park for inspiration.  After looking through many photos I really couldn't find anything that truly fit so I'm bending the rules a bit.  Spring for me always means the coming of warmer weather and kicking my boys outside to play. 

I found these photos taken a few years ago when the little guy got his new/old bike.  They fit the bill and I really liked that the little guys bike and helmet colors worked well with the kit colors. 


I started off with the bright yellow cardstock and after placing a few pattern papers around I knew that the white thickers in the kit weren't going to stand out so I decided to paint them with the Lemon Acrylic Paint from the kit.  I placed the stickers on the back of the packaging and painted right over the top. 
The acrylic paint has a really thick texture and coated the thickers great.  It needed a little more time to dry than the average acrylic paint, but once dry it didn't peel or flake off the letters.  I also decided to outline my photos in paint.  I used a little heavier paint on my focal photo and lighter on the smaller ones. 


I finished off my title with the smaller Pretty Little Studio alphas and a flag from the Dear Lizzy line. 


I finished embellishing with a few embellishment clusters.  One in the middle of the photos on the tag.  The bike sticker on the Jillibean Soup sticker sheet fit perfectly on the little tag and I topped it with a heart, phrase, and a wood smiley. 


The other little cluster is with the date/journaling.  I started with a few layered stickers and topped it with a paper clip and wood veneer camera. 


I really, really love the bright colors in this kit.  Noel always does an amazing job putting together her kits and this one is no exception.  Drop by the shop to get yours today there are still a few left. 

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! The paint on the photo edges and alphas really makes them stand out.

Unknown said...

Always happy to get new tips, thank you so much.