Friday, May 19, 2017

June/July 2016 Project Life: May Spring Fling DD Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a double page Project Life spread that includes two months from 2016.  These colors in the kit were perfect for documenting our summer last year.  It was a quiet summer, so I didn't need a ton of room for documenting anything.



I used up a ton of those Pebbles letter stickers.  They are the perfect size to add to cards and photos!  I used a few of the strips of paper from one of the 6x6 paper pad papers to add color and a place for my titles on the cards and photos.  Also, I'm having a love affair with those tiny puffy stickers from Jillibean Soup!


I went heart crazy on this card to document my heart murmur diagnosis.  The heart card, the wood veneer and the puffy stickers were perfect!


I finished off the spread with Finding Dory, because she's awesome!  This paper and the yellow stars paper are both from my stash.

ON TO JULY!!!!

Starting off the month right with a date night!  It's rare for my husband and I to get time to ourselves, so we soak it up when we can.


I wanted to include some fun stuff we discovered and did over the summer.  My girls love those mini Funko Pop mystery boxes.  We've collected quite a few.  I cut out images from some of the boxes and added them to the card.  My daughter Caylan got her first library card.  I snapped a picture of her holding her card and the first book she checked out all by herself.  The journaling piece a cut from Elle's Studio.  I also journaled about a read-a-thon I participated in that month.  I didn't need the "4" or the "5" so I stuck some flower puffy stickers over them and used that space to journal.  For the blank card, that will house a story about my husband's job.  It's not something I can share publicly for security reasons, but that will go there.


For The Secret Life of Pets card, I used some paper from my stash.  In one of the cut apart papers from the kit, there was a tag with a bunny head on it.  That was perfect, since there is a bunny in the movie!


And to finish it all off - Layla turned 5!!!  My baby!!!  I used that cute house paper and broke it up a little with the yellow washi from the kit.  The Pebbles letter stickers are puffy sticker were great, and the large cork 5 is from Freckled Fawn from my stash.

Thanks so much for joining me today!  This kit was perfect for a summer feel and now I have two more months complete in my album.

I can't wait to see how you guys are using your May kits!


No comments: