Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Job Shadowing with the Spring Fling Classic Kit

Hello everyone!  Nicole here on the blog today to share my first layout using the Spring Fling Classic kit.  I love the mix of papers in this months kit.  On first glance I didn't know how I was going to feel about all the pink, but I managed to make it work again.  I love when I can sneak it into my boy's pages. 

When I saw the pink and blues of the kit I immediately remembered these quick cell phone pictures I captured last month.  My son's school has been trying to encourage the kids entering high school to think about their futures.  He has been filling out mock job applications, resumes, and job shadowing.  After going through several possibilities he decided to job shadow me for a day.  It was so fun!  He got to see me in action making cakes and he even tried his hand at frosting a cake.     
I started with the gorgeous Pink Paislee paper from the Paige Evans line for my background paper.  I pulled multiple sheets of pattern paper and cut varying widths to go under my photos and journaling. 

I decided to use the big thickers and create a bold title. To break up my design of mostly horizontal strips I used my Silhouette to trace and cut out the Baskin Robbins logo.  Oh, and in case the logo looks weird I accidentally flipped the colors . . . you would think since I work, there I would get it right . . . I noticed after I got it all cut out and adhered and there was no way I was cutting that again. 



I started from the bottom and adhered everything down using a T-square to keep everything straight (I might have just shared a little OCD that I have about my layouts being straight . . . lol). 
I ended with the top journaling block and began to tuck in some of the Elle's Studio cuts and a tab sticker.  Finishing with a Jillibean Soup wood veneer and date stamp. 


After looking through more of the stickers I decided to place the word stickers from Jillibean Soup along the bottom of my photo block. 



I'm so glad to get these photos off my phone and recorded in such a fun way. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.

Happy Scrapping!


No comments: