Monday, May 1, 2017

{Girl Scouts} Layout with the "Spring Fling" Daily Diary Kit

Happy May!!! I can't believe it's already May!  This year has just flown by, and with spring in full swing, I'm so excited to be working the the May Daily Diary "Spring Fling" kit .  The kit is just filled with bright colors and cute embellishments.  Perfect for all types of layouts and photos.

Here is what is included in the kit.



I used the paper add on in addition to the Daily Diary kit, since I LOVE working with 12x12 layouts.  This week I'm sharing a layout of my daughter on her first day of Gril Scouts for the 2016-2017 school year.  I take a photo of her in her uniform at the beginning of each school year. 


I loved the water colored patterned paper that came in the paper add on, and used it as my background paper.  It had so many pretty colors, and coordinated well with all of the 3x4 and 4x6 cards I wanted to use on the layout.

After loosely placing my photos, I started adding the 3x4 and 4x6 cards.  I left the cards sticking out from under the photos to create lots of layers.  Once all of that was in place, I adhered it to the page.   I don't put tape all the way to the edges of the layers, this way I can slip bits and pieces of tags and embellishments under the layers easily.  

I started building up embellishments on the bottom right and bottom left of the layout.  The title area of my layout is my favorite part.  I did have to pull some green Thickers from my stash to spell "Girl Scouts", and paired that with a chipboard sticker, a few puffy stickers, and a cut apart quote, all of which are from the kit.  


I really liked the sprig of flowers that came in the kit, so I disassembled the sprig and rearranged three flowers into a "bouquet" for this layout.  I used some baker's twine from an old Noel Mignon kit to keep the bouquet in place and glued it to my layout with Eileen's Tacky Glue.  I like using Tacky Glue to adhere fabrics, silk flowers, wood veneer, and baker's twine to my layouts.  It dries quickly and holds great!  

Next, I added a few puffy stickers around the bouquet, and that finished off the layout.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are having fun with your "Spring Fling" Kits this month!  I would love to see what you make on Instagram #NoelMignon.

  


2 comments:

ValE said...

This is wonderful! Love seeing how you use the embellishments! Love it!

Meridy said...

Thank you, Val!