Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Band Geek with the Spring Fling Classic Kit

Hi all!  Nicole here on the blog today to share my latest layout with the Spring Fling Classic kit.  This weeks theme is embellishments.  Noel always includes a great mix of embellishments each month and this time around the embellishments inspired the layout.  My son is a huge bank geek.  He really established that this school year.  I decided to use the Jillibean wood veneer check marks in my journaling to highlight a few things that make him a band geek.


The base cardstock I pulled from last months Let's Get Lost Kit.  I really wanted a dark base to help showcase the bright colors in this months kit.  I used my silhouette to cut my title.  


I backed the large part of the title with a music staff die cut (cut with my Silhouette) and pattern paper.  I used a mix of the cardstock star stickers and wood veneer to sprinkle stars along the staff.  I decided after all my embellishing was done I wanted to make the word BAND stand out more so I used the yellow paint around the edges of each letter.  The word sticker "literally" is from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet and was a fun addition to the cut title.


My pictures and journaling blocks I set up in Photoshop and printed.  Once attached to my layout I added the check marks to each box and finished with some of the Elle's studio cut aparts and cardstock stickers.


There you have it my layout about my band geek son.  I love that products and embellishments can lead the design of a layout.  How are the embellishments in this months kit inspiring you?

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  Come back tomorrow for even more inspiration!




No comments: