Tuesday, May 16, 2017

2 months with the Spring Fling Classic Kit

Nicole here on the blog today.  I was going through photos in my pile of "want to scrap" photos and found this one of my cute little niece.  The colors in her cute little outfit were perfect to pair with the kit. 

Whenever I get stumped I usually go back through some of my previously made layouts and scraplift myself.  I decided to pull inspiration from a layout I made in January when my picture and embellishments were housed in a heart shape.  I started by cutting a large heart with my Silhouette and used a pencil to trace the outline.



I have a few label stamps and used these to stamp on the quilted pattern paper to bring in different prints and colors.  I also used a tag to cut tag shapes into pattern paper.  I placed these around my creating a visual triangle. 

The title is a combination of a number sticker from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet and a cut from my Silhouette from the orange cardstock.  

I used the stamp from the kit with StazOn and stamped the flowers onto vellum.  I used watercolors and after it dried I cut them out and they became delicate flower embellishments.  I placed these along with the Prima flowers on top of another tag I cut from pattern paper and an actual shipping tag from my stash. 


Once I had placed my embellishments I measured and printed out my journaling and cut my background cardstock and slide it into place adhering it all together on the back.  To make the outline of my heart stand out I used yellow embroidery floss to hand sew the heart. 


As a finishing touch I trimmed the edges and used a pattern paper on the back to tie in my color scheme.  I enjoyed putting together all the little embellishments from the kit onto this layout.  They were the perfect way to record my sweet niece at only two months old. 

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!  Be sure to head over to the store and snag your Spring Fling kit there are still a few left in the store. 


No comments: