Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Little Things with the Delightful Classic Kit

This weeks challenge of using layers seemed a little too easy since I incorporate layers in most of my projects.  I decided to try and up my use of layers and also challenged myself to use as many pattern papers as I could.   I like to call this layout my "ode to pattern paper".  ;)  I didn't use all the pattern papers in the kit, but there are nine different ones.  I also pulled out an oldie technique with some paper tearing - haven't done that in quite some time.

While looking through older photos I ran across these that my grandma asked me to capture of her and my grandpa for her 80th birthday party.  While at their house my little guy had decided he wanted to get in on the photos.  Since grandma was in the photos I decided I could go feminine.  Might have pushed it a little, but I love that the papers play off the purple and reds in the photos.


The foundation behind my photos is made up of three pattern papers and the floral one that I wanted to make sure I use since it pulls all the colors together.  The bottom part I decided to pull out the paper tearing to layer over the top of the journaling block.  


The title I used one of the die cuts from the kit and layered it with flowers, ribbon, and a label from last months daily diary kit.   I finished off with the dimensional liquid pearls from the kit that I added to the bottom of the layout and to the die cut title.  



Do you already use layers in your scrapbooking?  Maybe you could take this weeks challenge and push it like I did.  Be sure to share with the us and the other members on the Facebook page.  

Happy Scrapping!






No comments: