Friday, February 10, 2017

Forever Valentine - February Classic Kit: Happy Together

Hello everyone!  Sarah here with a Valentine's Day layout using the February Classic Kit.  Confession: I rarely scrap about Valentine's Day.  We don't tend to make a big deal about Valentine's Day, but every so often I will say something about it in my scrapbooks.  For this layout, I went old school.  I am working on an album that is all about the time when my husband Josh and I were dating.  I didn't start scrapbooking until after we were married and one day I realized I had never gone back and documented the time when we were falling in love.  That was a pretty special time so I wanted to start getting it documented.  I have been working with an 8.5x11 album so this layout is that size.



*I apologize for the glare in the photo - that's in the photo from the flash of the camera...before we knew about all the cool tricks to prevent that...

One thing I did here was use two bold patterns right on top of each other.  I used the Pebbles papers in the two-toned pink stripe as my main base and then used the heart gingham paper on top as my background.  In order to distinguish the two, I used my pen to make a double outline all around the gingham paper.  


I also used the small piece of patterned vellum behind the picture.  I knew I wanted to use the "XO" strip along the bottom and wanted to bring out more of the blue that's accented in that strip.  It adds a nice subtle layer.


For my accents, I loved that little 2 of hearts die cut and thought it was perfect since there's the two of us in the photo.  I also cut down the "Happy Valentine's Day" flag to say "Happy Valentine."  Since I already had that sentiment on the larger heart up top, I wanted it to say something different.  Don't be afraid to make the products work for you!  I also added that gorgeous flair badge for a little gold accent.


I also added some floral stickers to help round it all out.  For this layout, I didn't need any journaling.  This picture isn't on Valentine's Day, but the date on the back of the picture says February so I figured it was close enough.  Plus, we are both wearing red shirts and we had hit a point where we were having the marriage talk and being each other's "Forever Valentines."  I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I'm excited to add it to our dating album.

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you would like to see more of this kit being used, please be sure to come back everyday for another designer's project using this kit.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: