Saturday, December 17, 2016

Santa Hat | Oh What Fun Classic Kit

Hey there!  Laura here today with a new layout to share using the 'Oh What Fun" December classic kit!   As you know, this week the DT members were asked to use ribbon and / or washi on their projects and since the kit came with great options for both - this is a no brainer! I chose to pull papers from the Simple Stories Classic Christmas collection that were included in the kit to create my page.


I began my page with this photo of my youngest son, who likes to don the Santa hat and hand out the gifts each Christmas.  Then I had the idea that it may be fun to use a Santa hat cut file.  I altered a cut file that I made years back to incorporate a patch work or string art look, so that I could fill in the spaces with a variety of patterned papers.


I also added in swatches of ribbon and vellum paper from the kit to fill in some of the patches.


Once that was finished I layered on a second hat band and pompom, after embossing the with a snowflake embossing folder.

I love these glittery Thickers that were in the kit!


I also added in some journalling and a few more embellishments to the bottom of my layout, and finished it all off with some mist splatters in red and green.

I also have a new process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Simple Stories Classic Christmas "Falala", "T'is the Season" and "Oh Christmas Tree" patterned papers, Bradz and enamel dots; Pretty Little Studio Holly vellum; Echo Park I love Christmas chipboard; Thickers Reindeer alphas; American Crafts cardstock; Elle's Studio T'is the Season puffy stickers, washi and cut aparts; May Arts ribbons; Mr Hue's peppermint mist.  (from my stash: The Twinery Twine; green Smooch Spritz; Sharpei).

Thanks so much for visiting today!