Monday, December 19, 2016

{All the Trimmings} Challenge with the "Oh What Fun" Classic Kit

Happy Monday before Christmas---yes, less than a week until the BIG day!  I have a layout to share today using the "Oh What Fun" Classic Kit.  This week the design team is working with an "All the Trimmings" challenge, which means we are using a minimum of 3 different types of embellishments on our layouts.  

My layout is a picture of my kids visiting Santa last Christmas.  


I used quite a few different types of embellishments on this layout, why stop at 3???!?  I started off with a couple of layers of patterned paper mixed with cardstock to create a festive base for my photo.  Once I had the layers down, I began embellishing. 


I started with the title, which is a mix of the 2 alphas that came in this month's kit.  Next, I matted one of the cut apart quotes, threw in a "Santa's Toy Shop" chipboard piece, and tucked in a puffy sticker holly berries and leaf.  I paired this embellishment cluster with a home made journaling card.


Then I moved to the bottom of the photo.  I paired the "making spirits bright" die cut with a chipboard snowflake, a few branding strips, and the "be merry" label sticker to create this embellishment cluster.  I punched some 1" circles and "strung" them together with baker's twine to create the mini banner that swags across the top of the layout.

And with that, the layout was complete.  I am having so much fun with the "Oh What Fun" kit this month, and getting so many of those Christmas photos scrapbooked.  The giant Noel Mignon Kits have so much fun stuff in them---it's great for getting lots and lots of layouts completed.


Thank you for joining me today!  Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: