Monday, October 17, 2016

{Falling Leaves} Challenge with the "Falloween" Classic Kit

Hello!  It's Meridy here and I have a double page layout to share with you today using the "Falloween" Classic Kit.  The design team has been challenged to use leaves on our layouts this week for the Falling Leaves Challenge.  I live in the desert, so there are not many opportunities to get pictures of fall colored leaves, but I was able to include a few leaf embellishments on my layout!


I started by choosing some pictures that matched the papers and color scheme in the kit.  I found these photos of my daughter from last November, and knew immediately I had to use them!

I laid out the overall layout and layers, including where I wanted to add fringed paper that I created.  Maddy's favorite animal is an owl, so when I got my kit I knew I wanted to use the owl on a page about Maddy right away.  


My favorite part of this layout is my title using a mixture of different Thickers fonts.  Some are from previous Noel Mignon kits, and some are from my stash.  I laid the title out a few different ways until I got everything tucked in nicely.  Then I adhered the Thickers to the layout.


Once I began adhering the layers and photos to the layout, I was able to work on placing the embellishments around the layout.


I liked the way the fringe came out.  It was so simple to do, and really makes an impact on the layout.  I used fringe scissors to create the fringe.


Since the fringe is such a big party of this layout, I decided to keep the embellishments on the simple side.  I started with the "So sweet & Happy".


I finished off the page with a fussy cut mini owl and a strip of washi tape to seperate the fringe from the rest of the layout.


Thank you so much for stopping by to see my layout!  See you next week :)




No comments: