Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sweet Girl | Buttons and Bows Classic Kit

Hello and happy Saturday!

Laura here today sharing a layout using the September 2016 Buttons and Bows Classic Kit.  You probably already know that this week the design team is showcasing projects using buttons and bows, handy right?

I have to tell you that I am having so much fun with this kit, getting my "girlie" on!  You may not know that I am a mom of all boys, including a grandson, so I am really embracing this feminine kit!

I created this page of my friend's granddaughter and I cannot wait to share it with her!


I opted to do a grid design for my layout, bu decided on a grid of hearts opposed to squares or circles.  I knew that I wanted to put my title and photo in opposite corners, so after cutting nine hearts out of my background paper, I cut 2 open scalloped hearts to frame these two focal areas.


Once I was finished embellishing my layout, I hand-stitched a gold flourish as an extra accent.


These Fancy Pants Millie and June alphas could not be any sweeter, and I know that I have mentioned how much I love these little hangers!


I backed my layout with another patterned paper, and then filled in my remaining cut out hearts.  Three of them I filled with doilies cut with my Silhouette using the white cardstock from the kit.  Then I embellished them with Fancy Pants bows.  The kit actually only contained two bows of this size, so I trimmed a third one down using a smaller one as a template. I love how sweet they look!


The four remaining hearts were filled with soft green cardstock hearts that I ran through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.


I used the eyelet trim to create a frilly collar for this flair piece. Isn't it the cutest! I added a couple of stickers, buttons and a sprinkling of gems to finis off my page.

I created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Pink Paislee patterned paper and buttons; American Craft cardstock in white and geyser; Fancy Pants Millie and June paper bows, puffy alphas, die cuts and flair; Simple Stories Posh epoxy clips and stickers;  Queen and Co. bling; May Arts ribbon; Maya Road hanger clips.  (From my stash: DMC metallic gold thread; Lifestyle embossing folder)

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: