Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Buttons & Bows: Sparkle

Hello to you! Jana Eubank here. Have you been enjoying all of the inspiration with Laura's sketch this week? I LOVE seeing each design team member's take on it.

Here is what I came up with using the Buttons & Bows Classic kit (with a little bit of the Daily Diary kit mixed in).

Before I begin, here is a reminder of what the sketch looks like. For my photos, I decided to mirror the sketch vertically and move the horizontal band of photos down to the lower third of the page.



SPARKLE

I began with the Fancy Pants Millie & June foiled dot paper as my background matted on the Sunflower cardstock. Before adhering them together, I cut out the center of the cardstock, so that I could use it to mat my photos.

For the large vertical band of patterned paper, I chose to use the heart paper by Simple Stories. I love the foil accents on all of the patterned papers on this layout!


I pulled the white buttons from the Daily Diary kit, along with a few others from my stash, to scatter around the page.


I also used the Simple Stories die cuts and one of the "Sweet" Project Life cards from the Daily Diary Kit for the journaling area of my page.


I used more buttons and one of the pink Maya Road bows to accent my title. The chipboard heart and title both came from the Simple Stories Post chipboard sheet included with the Buttons & Bows Classic Kit.

For the scallop piece in the sketch, I pulled in some of the gold glitter scallop washi tape from last month's "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit (Sorry, kit is sold out). It works perfectly here!


Laura's sketches are always a BLAST to use. I love her sense of design and the way she puts layers together. She is so inspirational! I hope you'll play along with us! We'd love to see your version of her sketch, too!


See you again soon!



No comments: