Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Vintage Charm: Love and Laughter

Happy Wednesday, paper lovers! Jana Eubank here. I had so much fun creating my page for the "Love and Laughter" design challenge this week. I pulled some silly photos of my husband and I to document how much I love this man and how lucky I feel to be on life's journey with him.

LOVE AND LAUGHTER


I loved the dotted pattern overlayed on top of the circles in the Circle Pattern paper ... It reminded me of stitching and so I decided to include stitching on my page.

The butterflies and phrase stickers from the Vintage Charm kit have gotten a lot of mileage on my pages this month. They make the perfect accents!


I even included one in my flower cluster at the lower left corner of my photos.

(And just an FYI, those are NOT my husband's sunglasses ... they are actually mine. Ha! He loves to take silly selfies and send them to me when he is driving my car. *giggle* ... My kids call these sunglasses my "sweet sunnies" from the 80s. Hey, that's alright! ... They are my favorite color and I think they are RAD. :D )


I used an ampersand from the kit as part of my title. The words "love" and "laughter" are from a cut file I found in the Silhouette Design Store.

 Below the title, I created a cluster of pennant shapes in lots of different sizes. Some of them are stickers, some of them are tags, and some of them are created from the 6x6 papers from the Vintage Charm Daily Diary Kit. I even created one from the yellow cardstock, embossing it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.


Here's a loser look at my journaling.


And a final angled view of the page so you can see a bit of the dimension.


I've loved working with the Vintage Charm kits this month! And now I'm ready to dig into the Buttons & Bows kits ... I'll be back next week to show you my first project for September.

See you then!


No comments: