Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Vintage Charm Kits: I've Been Framed

There are so many fun frames included in both of the kits this month. For this week's "I've Been Framed" design challenge, I chose to focus on using the epoxy frame stickers from the PinkFresh Studio epoxy sticker sheet.

LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH YOU

I began this page by using the Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine mist and the polka dot stencil to create the misted background on the white cardstock. Next, I added the photos along with layered strips of patterned paper. The gold scallop tape in the bottom row anchors everything visually with it's stronger color.


To the left of the photos a scattered the square PinkFresh Studio epoxy frames. I layered the title over one of them and filled the other with phrase stickers and the blue butterfly flair.


In the bottom right corner of the photos I created a cluster of stickers, using the printed wood frame to anchor everything.


The journaling fits nicely at the bottom of the page.


.

I have a bonus page to share with you today! As I was creating the misted background for the page above, I used the top of the misted stencil to stamp off the excess mist onto another piece of white cardstock ... don't want to waste any of that delicious gold mist! 

I used that stamped cardstock as the background for the following page.

LATE NIGHT PARTY

Admittedly, this is not my most favorite page I have ever created ... but this was kind of a throw-away photo and I took the opportunity to just experiment and have fun with the "stencil stamping" technique. I'm wondering if this page would have looked better if I would have printed the photo out in black and white? Hmmm.


I do really love this little cluster at the top. That diamond paper was a lot of fun to cut up and use around this page. :)


I pulled this tag from my stash and used elements from the kit to give it a little more flair.



I hope you enjoyed my projects today, and I hope it inspired you to give that stencil in the Vintage Charm Classic Kit a try. 

See you next week!




No comments: