Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pure Bliss: Just Plain Fishy

Jana Eubank here! I can't believe it's the last week of May?!! Where has this school year gone?! I don't know about you, but the Pure Bliss kit has been getting me excited for the fun colors, sites and sounds of Summer. Today I have a final page to share with you using this fun kit!

JUST PLAIN FISHY

Our design team challenge this week is to "Shape Up for Summer" ... where we were to pick a shape and repeat it on our project.

I have been making an effort lately to go back through older photos and fill in the gaps that are remaining in my albums. These fun fish pictures of my son come from a trip we took back in 2012. I thought the circle would be a PERFECT shape to repeat on this page because it reminds me of fish bubbles and water bubbles! Here is what I came up with.


I punched several circles from the Pink Paislee circle paper ... it was so much fun to have all kinds of patterns at my fingertips on just one sheet of paper! It made it really easy to pick and choose which ones I wanted to work with. Here, I focused on the patterns of blue, green, yellow, and gray.


I added a couple of Pink Paislee buttons to the top 2 circles for a bit more interest.


My title was created with stickers I pulled from my stash. I used the gold foil My Mind's Eye stickers to mimic bubbles and give the title a bit more pizazz!


The tags tucked in around the layout come from a package of My Mind's Eye On Trend 2 die cuts. I tied them with white twine to add brightness and texture. My journaling is printed on white cardstock to go with the white I used elsewhere on the page.


This wood circle was the same exact size of the punched circles I used on the background. It was a great way to bring the circle shape over to the left side of my layout.

Are you feeling stuck in your scrapping this week? Why not try repeating a shape on your next project and you, too, can get in "shape" for summer! (Now THAT'S my kind of workout! Ha!)

See you next time!



No comments: