Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Heart of Gold Classic Kit: Church Selfies

Hello, friends! Jana Eubank here. It seems like the gray days of Winter are behind us which has me gravitating towards the light and bright colors of the Heart of Gold Classic Kit. For this page, I pulled out the greens, pink, blue, and gray from the kit. I'm loving these colors together!


I had these silly pictures of my daughter taking selfies at church one day keeping herself entertained. I started off by grouping the photos together on a block of blue solid patterned paper from the kit. Next, I filled the empty corner of the block with handcut label shapes (from the Pink Paislee Memorandum paper). I thought the labels would be a fun way to feature the title and journaling! 


The butterfly and flower cluster at the bottom of the labels add life to the page, and enhance the pink tones in the photos, that are otherwise a bit too much on the cool side. I added the Queen and Co. gems to the body of the butterfly for a bit of sparkle.


The design team challenge this week, "Hearts All a Flutter," was to add an interactive element to our page. I decided to dig into my stash and add these charms (older items from My Mind's Eye) in a couple of spots around the page. They dangle from the label and word strip and add a nice sense of movement to the page. 


This girl definitely has the key to my heart!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying your week!



No comments: