Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit: #Friends

Happy Wednesday! It's Jana Eubank. Coming off the holiday high can sometimes leave a touch of the winter blues for some people during the month of January. I'm so glad we have the beautiful colors of the January Sweet Charlotte kits to brighten those wintry days, right?!!

Last week I shared a page with you using a twist on a Primary color scheme. This week, I'm going with the "Winter Blues" theme and decided to use blue as the main color on this page. And it just so happens to be a page ABOUT winter! What do you know?!

#FRIENDS


I LOVE the light aqua calendar background paper of this page. The watercolor feel and hand-drawn calendars give it such a soft, beautiful feel! Perfect for a page about a beautiful winter morning!

This morning truly was magical. We hadn't received snow at all leading up to Christmas 2014, but when we woke up on Christmas Day there was 2+ feet waiting in the yard! It truly was magical!



For accents, I pulled out the yellow and pink elements from the kit. I created this little grouping of elements in the corner of my main photo using the super-cute Pretty Little Studio die cut feathers along with a pink rosette sticker and Crate Paper stickers.


I layered together a few more stickers behind this photo, and then used smaller stickers along with a Dear Lizzy wood button to emulate softly falling snowflakes.


I used one of the Fancy Pants tags for my journaling and then layered lots of fun bits around it for more color, filling in the smapes with banner stickers, rubons and a flair sticker. This little grouping makes me so happy!

So what about you, do you embrace the beautiful hues of the winter blues, ... or are you a snowbird, escaping to warmer places during the cold, winter months? Create a page this week about either one! We'd love to see!

See you next time!



4 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love your embellishment clusters. They're always a treat.

TinaGAle said...

Always love your layouts! this is gorgeous. I'm definitely feeling the winter blues and would love to fly south.

kate blue said...

wow! this color scheme works for me in a major way...but not the snow lol...2 feet?? I'll be inside while the kids are outside shoveling :)

Donna said...

wow. this is so, so stunning.