Friday, January 1, 2016

hello 2016

First blog post of 2016! Woot woot!!! This week has been all about resolutions and I have to say I'm not a resolutions gal. But I am a list maker. So I decided to make a scrappy dashboard for my new planner to make a list of all the scrappy projects that I need to finish. 
This list isn't necessarily about getting 'caught up'. I don't really stress about that because I look at it this way - if I'm caught on everything what am I going to work on? This is more of a list (or lists) of more specific projects that I would like to wrap up - my December Daily albums from the past couple years which are in different stages of completion, same with my Project life albums, my Disney albums from the past 2 trips (thankfully one is just about finished), a couple mini albums I need to work on, etc.

And then I have a couple other goals I'd like to achieve - organize (and I mean really organize) my scrap room, get all of my layouts into albums, order more albums for all of those layouts, and purge purge purge the items I don't need anymore. 
So back to my project - I used the new Sweet Charlotte classic kit to make my scrappy dashboard. I cut a piece of patterned paper at roughly 8", folded it in half to get a 6x8 piece of paper and used adhesive to hold it closed. I did this as opposed to just cutting a piece of paper that size so it would have a little bit more durability in my planner. Then I used a punch that I've had for years to attach it to my planner. I had to punch it once and then go back and punch the holes a little larger and it ended up working perfectly!
 

I decorated with some accents from the kit. And can we talk about the Dear Lizzy stamp set in this kit??? I was so excited when I opened the kit and saw that! I will certainly be getting a lot of use out of it in the coming projects. Just a note - be careful when taking the stamps on and off of the plastic. They are thin and bendable and stamps like that can rip so be careful :) 

I also decorated a jumbo paperclip with one of the Basic Grey flair buttons. I'll probably be making more of those, too! Then I grabbed some Project Life journaling cards from my stash along with a tag from the kit to make some lists that I then stamped and attached with a Prima clip from the kit. That way I can change lists out and add to them whenever I want. So bring on 2016!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

a marvelous post and the list is absolutely adorable. I am so happy to see I am not the only one with so many unfinished projects. Happy 2016!