Saturday, January 23, 2016

Fun with stamps and mist

Hello! I hope you've enjoyed all of the fun projects this week showcasing the stamps and spray mist in this month's kit. Our team has done a beautiful job. 

To tell you the truth, it took me a little while to jump on the misting bandwagon after it started a few years back. I liked clean pages and didn't want to make a mistake on my layout that I couldn't correct. Finally I ventured out into the world of misting and now use it on just about every page that I make. 

Before sharing my layout for this week I wanted to show you three ways that I tend to use spray mist on my projects. 

First of all, I use it as intended- simply spraying it out of the bottle on my page: 


Second, and probably the method that I use most-  removing the nozzle from the bottle and shaking it over my page to create a splatter effect. I tend to use more than one color but wanted to showcase the beautiful Heidi Swapp Patina Color Shine mist from the Sweet Charlotte classic kit. 


Thirdly, I like to use the mist to "paint" the edges of a project, to create journaling lines or other shapes. You can use a paintbrush or even the straw of the spray nozzle to add some color to your project. 


Here is my project for this week. As you can see, I've "painted" the edges of my page, did some splattering with the mist and also drew some lines upon which I added my journaling. 


I incorporated the stamps by adding a hyphenated line border under my title and also with the little heart stamp from the kit. I jazzed up my title by mixing the two alphas from the kit with a phrase sticker. I tucked a rub-on under my bottom photo and then layered two tags before adding the other elements. 


I continued the heart theme on my page with these cute heart stickers adhered with dimensional foam.  


I finished off the page with some sweet phrase stickers, a cork bow and flower elements. The "XO" is another rub-on from the Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit. 


How have you used the stamps and mist from this month's kit? 

Please feel free to share your tips and ideas on our Noel Mignon kit club member's page. 

Join us again next week for more great inspiration!


3 comments:

Donna said...

Becky, this layout rocks.

Lynn K said...

Awesome page Becky!!

Jana Eubank said...

I adore everything about this page, Becky! Fabulously WONDERFUL! :D