Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Member Scraplift---Jackie George

This week is dedicated to scraplifting our members...I really enjoy scraplifting layouts every so often. I created this layout using the "Golden Delicious" Classic Kit.


It is based off of the following layout by Jackie George...


When I "lift" a design, I typically copy it pretty loosely.  I'm not very good at scraplifting every piece, layer, and embellishment exactly the same.


As soon as I saw this combination of mint colored papers in the Golden Delicious kit, I knew EXACTLY which photos I wanted to scrapbook with them.  They matched my kids' 2014 Christmas photos perfectly!  I couldn't have asked for better color coordination!


I've decided to try to add little bits of my own handwriting as embellishments on my layouts.  This one I wrote "merry", "noel", and "love" and well as "2014".  I like the little added touch!  I need to keep practicing creative lettering so I can do more in the future.

Thank you Jackie, for sharing your work on our Noel Mignon Members Facebook page---you really inspired me!

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, I will see you all next week with another layout!


1 comment:

Donna said...

Such lovely layouts. Your handwriting looks beautiful!