Saturday, September 12, 2015

Story Time & Daily Diary

To be honest, I never really ever scrapbook "about me".  I do include photos of myself here and there...but rarely do I ever take the time to focus just on me, or really take time to journal thoughts and feelings and memories that are about me.  So this week's challenge from Noel really helped me creatively and I loved it very much.


Because the focus of this assignment was on "the story", I decided to keep my layout basic and simple.  However, I must admit that the gorgeous colour palette and array of beautiful cards and pattern paper in this month's kit do not need much.  They are so beautiful in and of themselves!


I used this fun 9x12 pocket page to pull my layout together.  I could not find a school age picture of me, so instead I found a photo taken of me when I was quite young at my grandmothers house.  There are so many memories and things that I feel and remember when I look at this photo.  I knew it was just the one I had to use for this page.


It really is funny, the things you remember when you look back on a photograph.  They sure are powerful time travellers.  Taking you back instantly.  When I look at that photo of myself I remember the things I enjoyed as a child...especially at my grandmothers house.  I loved watching The Flintstones.  Eating her fresh home made buns.  Watching the Price is Right with my grandpa at 4 o'clock in the afternoons.  There was such a comfort being there when I was young.


I loved the Heidi Swapp stamps in this kit this month.  They are so perfect for telling your story, and embellishing cards.  I loved using them.  I also loved the word strip stickers from Studio Calico.  So many great prompts that could be used as jumping off points for journaling.  And super cute for embellishing as well.


This was such a fun challenge to be a part of.  It really made me stop and remember some of the sweetest moments of my life as a young girl.  I am so thankful.



No comments: