Friday, August 14, 2015

more pool party!!

Hey guys!! I had last week off and I'm back to share another layout with the Pool Party kit!! I believe the classic kit is sold out but there's still a couple of the Daily Diary kits left. And even though they are geared toward pocket scrapbooking you can certainly use them for traditional scrapbooking.

I know a lot of kids are heading back to school but we still have a few weeks of summer vacation left here in WA and I wanted to get these memories scrapbooked before the fall hits and I'm in total pumpkin mode!
I bought my little one a new pool this year and, of course, my golden decided that it needed his seal of approval as well!! He gave it 2 paws up ;)
I really liked the cloud paper with that cute sun. But using the entire sheet caused my photo to get lost. So I decided to cut some rays, sunbursts, big triangles...whatever you want to call them. I did a similar layout last year - you can see it here. I love using this style because it adds a lot of movement and visual interest to your page and the bonus part? It's super easy to create!! I simply cut one edge of my paper down by 2" so I can then slide my paper around in my paper trimmer to cut the angles I want. 
I added stitching to further add detail to my page. Add some of those super fantastic embellishments that came with the kit and voila!!
 

No comments: