Thursday, August 6, 2015

Black & White Photos and Country Life Daily Diary Kit

Welcome August!  Welcome Country Life Daily Diary Kit!
First off, I cannot believe we wrapped up July and are now onto working with another amazing kit from Noel Mignon.  They really do get better and better with each release.  :)


Today I am sharing my first official spread I created with the Daily Diary Kit.  This time I chose to use a 4x4 pocket page format spread.  I was inspired by some of the Daily Diary Kit contents to do that.  There are some gorgeous 4x4 photo frames included in the kit (you can see above) and I just HAD to use them, as is.  So, 4x4 pocket pages it is!

I decided to challenge myself, and you all, to use ONLY black and white photos in a spread.  
I chose to do this because I found that the Country Life kit is full of so many amazing colour palettes and patterns that I wanted them to really shine!  I think using only black and white photos really helped my layout to 'pop' and showcase not only the collection itself, but my black and white photos as well.


I chose to do some really fun things with this spread.  On the left hand side of my layout, I used the Fuse tool to incorporate some fun sizes and alterations.  I trimmed the 4x6 'always remember' card so that one half fit into the 4x4 pocket and the remaining 2" fit in the neighbouring side.  I then fused it in the 4x4 pocket and added another 2" x 4" strip of pattern paper.  



The Country Life Daily Diary Kit also comes with some fabulous 2"x 2" die cut squares.  I LOVE these little pieces.  Again, to include these in my pockets I used my Fuse to secure them all into one 4x4 pocket.  I included both the 2"x 2" squares that came with the kit, and a couple I created using some pattern paper from the kit.


Another fun little alteration I did to my page was adding a sticker to cover up some pre-existing design that initially did not fit my page.  I used the "we love you to the moon & back" sticker to cover up a pre-design on one of the 4x4 cards to go with my page.  I love how the kit is full of so many awesome options to allow me to do just that.  No matter the topic, no matter the page, there is always something to go with whatever you are scrapbooking!  I love the versatility of these kits!



Next up is the right hand side of my layout.
I really wanted to keep a focus on the photos with this spread to showcase just how incredible black and white photos compliment the bright colours and patterns in this months Country Life Kit.


On this page, one of my favourite little techniques I created was incorporating some "floating" word strips in one of my pockets.  Again, using my Fuse tool I simply trimmed these words that are included on the edge of one of the kit's patterned papers.  I then placed them, one by one into my pocket sleeve and using the Fuse sealed all 4 edges so the words do not move or shift.  It looks awesome in real life, truly a fun (and very simple) technique!



The whole vibe of this kit is fabulous.  I love the soft, yet bold colors.  The vintage, yet fresh feel.  SO perfect for not only fall photos, but for the remainder of the memories we will all create as summer quickly wraps up!  I hope that you feel inspired to work with only black and white photos for your next pocket page spread and allow the colours and patterns of the products to pop your layout.  Make sure (if you have not) to get your hands on one of these kits.  SO many delicious goodies!  Thank you for stopping by everyone, and thank you Noel Mignon!  Another amazing kit!

No comments: