Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pool Party Daily Diary Kit-9x12 Style

Hello everyone.  I am very excited to be sharing my 2nd pocket page layout using the fabulous Pool Party Daily Diary kit.  This kit could not have come at a more perfect time, as it has allowed me to document some of my summer memories so far, so easily and quickly!  The contents of this kit are fabulous for all the summer favourites we all love, know and enjoy!


This time, I used 9 x 12 pocket pages as the gorgeous collection of 3x3 cards that came in the kit were just too perfect.  Definitely my source of inspiration for this spread.  I also had fun using my Fuse tool in these pages to add in some additional fun extras.


I first placed my photos in their desired pockets, then got to work with the rest.  I loved embellishing some of the 3x3 cards.  Whether it be with the cute puffy stickers, or word strip stickers, machine stitching or the gorgeous button/brads, I could not resist making each pocket stand out with it's own little bit of detail.


You can see here I used the Fuse tool to add in rectangular and triangular pattern papers.  The button brads I actually just adhered directly on top of my page protector.  I love that they are on the outside of this layout, and they add just a perfect touch of dimension.


I also added and layered stickers that came with the kit on top of 3x3 cards that I trimmed down.  Other cards I created simply by stitching on an ephemera piece, or phrases of words that I loved.  The chipboard frame that you can see in the top left worked perfectly inside the pocket pages.  Not only was the size of the frame perfect, but it really adds some fun "pop" to whatever photo you choose to adorn behind it.


The 3x4 washi tape cards are so fun to use.  I loved adding a strip of washi to the bottom of my 3x3 cards to give them just a little more pop and color.


This little camera paper ephemera piece i have been saving and saving!  It may be little, but it is SO CUTE and probably my favourite piece in this entire kit! Ha!  I loved how cute it was at embellishing  a pocket simply being stitched onto a 3x3 card. Simple, easy yet definitely eye catching! :)


No matter the size of pocket pages one chooses to design with, the Noel Mignon Daily Diary kit is perfect for them all.  The contents of this kit is phenomenal and jam packed with so many different pieces that can be used in such a variety of ways!  Stay tuned for my 3rd layout towards the end of this month where I transform a 12x12 page into a pocket page that is made perfect with this amazing kit.  So excited to share!  Thank you for stopping by this week and I hope I was able to share some fun tips, ideas and inspiration for your pocket pages and your Daily Diary kit!  Cheers! :)

No comments: