Thursday, March 12, 2015

Documenting March with this week's colour palette...

Hi, I've got another project life layout to share using the Shine Bright Daily Diary kit.


My layout was inspired by this week's gorgeous color palette, and I used a mix of coral and mint with a hint of sparkly gold to document week ten.



It was a relatively quiet week and I didn't have many photos, so I made use of some of the fun filler cards from the kit to not only help me fill in some of the pockets but also to add color to my page.


I cut apart a 3x4" gold foiled card and joined it to either side of the cute globe card to create a custom title card to mark the beginning of a new month. 


I continued the striped theme with several of the filler cards and used metallic embroidery thread to add hand stitched detail to some of the images.  


Facing the dilemma of not having enough photos for the second part of the week, I decided to enlarge a photo my son took of a sunset at his favorite fishing spot. I achieved this by cropping my photo into four 6x4" sections using photo editing software, then cutting down the two bottom sections to fit inside the smaller pockets.  


I added a journal strip and embellishments directly over the photo to help create a focal point on the large photo and once again added gold stitching to highlight some of the pieces. 



See you next week xx


No comments: