Wednesday, March 4, 2015

all that glitters

It took a while for me to catch on to the glitter and sequin trend when it first started but now I love it so much!

That may surprise you since I have four girly girls who like all things that sparkle.

Nowadays, though, I love anything that is glittery. I enjoy adding sequins and sparkly things to my projects.

As you may recall, one of my favorite Noel Mignon kit elements was the gold glitter glue we got a few months back. I have now used more than half of the little bottle.

For this page I wanted to add lots of gold and sparkly things.


 I started with a white cardstock base as I am prone to do these days, added some Heidi Swapp mist and then layered strips of patterned paper along the bottom part of the page.

I cut the big gold heart from a sheet of patterned paper. First I cut it out in a block, then used my craft knife to cut out the heart and preserve the rest of the piece.



I used both pieces on my page- I added the gold heart with some foam adhesive and then used the black and white striped paper with the heart cut out at the top of the page. I filled the empty space with some of the beautiful My Mind's Eye sequins.

I also added lots of MME stickers and the beautiful rosettes in the kit.


I find that time is passing so quickly, my kids are growing up before my eyes and I wish I could slow things down.

These girls are my oldest and youngest (with two more in between) and I love them so much.

I love Noel's kits and the way they help me to scrap my memories.

Please share your projects with us in our Facebook group.

Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Becky said...

I just love the heart on this layout - what a great idea! Beautiful layout :)