Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Workstation Tour


Good morning friends! I'm here to show my little workstation area for my crafting! It's been so fun to get a peek into everyone's spaces this week here on the blog. I hope you guys will share your spaces with us too on our facebook group


My workspace has evolved over the years. It changes size and location fairly often. Right now, what's working for me is to have a corner in the dining room. It keeps my family near by and is easy to hop over to in order to grab a few minutes here and there. It's really important to me that my kids are nurtured creatively, and that comes with seeing me working and coming alongside fairly often. So for now- even though it's probably messy, I'm loving the casualness of having it in the corning of our dining room. 



I do not keep all of my scrapbooking supplies in the dining room. I have a shelf in another room that stores the bulk of my stuff, old kits, papers, embellishments, albums, etc. However, I've learned over the years that keeping too much stuff around overwhelms me, so I try to purge often and only keep my favorites. I also keep two or three recent NM kits here at my workstation, but after a few months, I retire them to my big shelf. 

It's really important to me to have ALL my artsy supplies handy, and when I found this old random drawer at the thrift store, I knew it would be perfect for corralling all of my jars! It just makes me happy to see this out, and my kids like it too. ;) 


I keep a small basket with the latest kits' small embellishments right in front of me on the desk so I can see it easily. These little strawberry baskets are perfect for them. 



My kit papers goes in this organizer to the left, along with sketch books and watercolor paper. You can see the papers peeking out! 


Right above where my papers go is this frame. I love to hang all of the embellishments from the kit on here that I can, because it keeps them in mind for me and is an adorable themed decoration for the month, too! 


To the left of my chair is this cart with stamps, tools, and leftover embellishments from previous kits. I try to keep this rotated and cleared out every few months to restock with new items. 


I hope you like my messy little corner! It sure does make me happy! : )

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ilove the fact that your area means that your children can watch you create and join in too :)