Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hey Girl | Project Life Week 2

Hey everyone ! It's Mindi here with you today. I am so excited to be sharing my very first Project Life post. I've had some time to play around with the Hey Girl Daily Diary kit and boy is it fun, and full of great stuff.

* I believe there are still a few of the Hey Girl Daily Diary kits left.*

I am doing weekly spreads again this year in my 2015 Project Life album. I used my kit to complete Week 2 (which just ended, I do them Monday through Sunday) and here is what it looks like.


Lots of fun, everyday stuff and plenty of stories. Oh and our 13th Wedding Anniversary.


Here is closer look of the first page.


Here is my Week 2 title card. I started out with this colorful striped paper. Don't you just love this paper ?!!! I wanted it everywhere.

I used the Fancy Pants letter stickers to spell out Week Two and printed my date below. I also added the banner sticker and the 2015 flair button.


I really love these 3x3 die cuts that come in the kit. This one I thought would be super fun on this picture of my daughter. I had a little story to tell about her and her skirts. You see, she refuses to wear pants. Only skirts and the occasionally leggings for this girl.

I simply sliced the sides off of the word hey and added it to the corner of this photo. I finished it off with the word sticker which was the perfect touch.


Next up is a journaling card and a photo of Christmas being put away.

On the bottom part of the journaling card I printed onto one the cards from the kit, adding a small strip of patterned paper, the Monday arrow and the paper clip. (All from the kit)


I did another journaling card here. I added a story to go along with Maddie and her skirt fetish.

I LOVED this camera card. Although I wanted to add some more color to the left side of the spread. I cut the camera card in half, diagonal ways, and added it to the blue flowered paper. It was now ready for a photo and some embellishments.


Here is a closer look at the right side of the layout.


One of the things that I love to do, especially when I have a packed week, is to add journaling to my photo. That way I can get more "life" into my spread. This photo was perfect to add my journaling to the bottom of it. The little black boxes are perfect spots for some fun embellishments.


This is another example of using a photo and journaling in the same 4x6 slot. I added a photo that I had snapped with my phone and printed it out. I then printed my journaling onto the card and added the photo. I added two puffy stickers to the top of my journaling, adding patterned paper behind them first.


I loved the paper with all the fun little squares on it. I cut it up and put two on the top of one of the journaling cards from the kit. I used the letter stickers to spell out ten for 10 am to help emphasize my story that I was trying to tell.



This card originally was a 4x6 size. I thought I would put it into 2 of the 3x4 slots and it worked out great. I spaced it all out and then printed out my journaling as a 4x6. Then I cut it up and slipped it into the page protector. I used the Sunday arrow sticker to show off my flower photo. I printed out a photo of my Anniversary flowers onto vellum for the see through effect and I loved the result. I added the small love sticker to my photo, which was the perfect touch.


For the last card I created a filler card. Originally the blue flower card was a 4x4 size. Since I was working with the 3x4 size I cut it down so that it would work with my page protector. Very easy to do with a lot of those 4x4 cards, or use them in your 4x4 slots.

I really loved the kraft die cut shapes. This one was my favorite and used it kind of as a ring symbol as part of my Anniversary story.

That is it for me folks. I hope you have enjoyed this post and found some inspiration. Happy Scrapping everyone !!

Supplies used not included in the kit. Links are below.

Ali Edwards Monday brush
Ali Edwards Photo Love Orange Circle from here and printed onto cardstock
Ali Edwards Weekly Lines - Used the word thirteen on the Anniversary card
Ali Edwards Favorite Time Of The Day brush


No comments: