Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Catch Up Time

I have a confession to make. I am soooooooo far behind on my Project Life album for 2014. And I have about 2 months left in my 2013 to get done. So I went back and picked a fun week to work on and I'm sharing it with you today.

This is what Week 17 looks like. Again, from 2014. I am still loving the Hey Girl Daily Diary Kit.


As I look back over this week, I used lots of fun colors that are all throughout the kit. And I'm okay with that.


Here is a closer look at the left side of my spread.


I went with a simple title card this time. I felt like there was lots going on throughout the spread and this was just want was needed.  I added the week digital brush to a sheet of patterned paper. Finished it off with a few embellishments and added the date with the always fun Shimelle  date stamp. I have to say how much I like the date stamp. It has a little bigger font than others and I love it !!


This is a journaling card about having my husband back from a 2 week training session. I put the pink love sticker on the bottom and used some of the fun word stickers on top. Also added a photo of Katelyn in her cowboy outfit. It was pioneer week at school. At least I think it was, or something like that.


Isn't this bright green dog fun ?!!  I cut the bottom off because it didn't go with my photo. I added it on top of my printed journaling. I added a few fun embellishments, the banner sticker and the tuesday cork piece is from the kit. Also the black letter stickers.

We bought a blueberry bush that week. Katelyn was soooo excited. I printed out the photo and then added the heart overlay on top. I wanted to jazz up the overlay a bit so I added some patterned paper behind two of the hearts.


I used this overlay to be a border for a recap of the week.


Here is a look at the right side of my spread. Tball, sillyness, and star gazing.


I added a slanted strip of journaling to the bottom of my photo. This is so easy to do. Start by cutting your journaling down to the size you want. Position it as slanted as you want and then glue it to your photo. Then cut off the sides and your done !! Ta Da.

The T ball card was originally a 4x4 card. I cut it down and added the sticker to the top. Also added the letters to spell out T ball.


More closer looks at the journaling cards.



Before printing out my photo I added a white circle in photoshop to make a frame around the star gazers. I used the letter stickers around the edge for a fun effect.

That is it for me today folks.  I had lots of fun doing this layout and look forward to being back here next week.


No comments: