Monday, December 8, 2014

For the love of gift cards

Hello friends!! Happy Monday! Today I have a fun project to share with you using the Cable Knit kit. I have a few hard to buy for people on my Christmas list this year, so instead of buying them a random item that I am not sure they will like/want/need, I decided to do gift cards for a few of them.
When I went to buy my gift cards, I was very unimpressed by the holders that they had available. I knew I could make something much more festive using my Noel Mignon kit!!

I started out by searching for a shape on the silhouette store. I found this cute stocking gift holder, and knew it was perfect!


I wanted to keep the design very simple. This is is going to a guy, so wanted to make it fun, but still have a "manly" vibe to it.


Some fun layering and clusters on the top of the stocking. I used the seasons greeting flair as the anchor for holding the stocking flap down.


Then I wanted to bring in a little extra dimension down at the bottom, so that it wasn't so top heavy. A wood veneer snowflake with a layered black glitter star was the perfect finishing touch!


So happy with how fun and cute this turned out, and it helps to put a more personal touch on the gift cards!! 






1 comment:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

This is adorable! Such a great idea!