Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hello friends and Happy Thanksgiving! Today I have a fun project to share with you using the Sweet & Simple Classic Kit. I loved the deeper reds and blues of this kit, and I really thought it would be perfect for putting together this home decor piece I had had in my mind for awhile.

I started with a small natural pallet, then using the Homemade paper from Simple Stories that was included in the kit, I covered each slat with one of the patterns. I cut a tree from the burlap paper from Fancy Pants, and then I picked some of my favorite papers out of the kit, and traced each of my kiddos hand prints for the top of my tree!


I wanted to keep the embellishing very simple on this, I really wanted that tree to take center stage. I did add in some fun details in the bottom left corner.


I wanted to add in a sentiment or title of some sort onto this, I tried many different ideas around, but finally settled on a simple "love", and I think it fits it perfectly!


Going to end this with a close up of those sweet hand prints! So excited to get this hung up!


Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, and take to time remember what is important this holiday season!!


No comments: