Monday, November 10, 2014

Count Your Blessings

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a simple yet meaningful fall decor project with you. This time of year we all seem to reflect a little more on the things that matter most...the people in our lives, and the time we get with them. For me, this time of year is also a reminder to enjoy the simple things...to not get so caught up in all the hype, and just enjoy.

So, for my decor project, I wanted to stay very simple, I had a mini pallet that I had bought at my local craft store. It came unfinished, but I wanted it to be a darker shade. So, I dry brushed it using a mixture of brown and gold acrylic paint. I then splattered some navy blue and yellow mist on it, to add a little more texture and color.


Using my Silhouette, and a few of my favorite papers from the Early Autumn kit, I cut out this sentiment, that perfectly sums up this season, and some small vines to add in a little extra dimension. A small bow tied with that gorgeous yellow ribbon, an enamel heart, and I called her done!


Another thing I love about this simple piece, is that it can stay up year round...who doesn't need a daily reminder to appreciate life just a little bit more?



No comments: