Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer Memories Pocket Album

Good morning, my friends! I sent my three older kiddos off to their first day of school a little bit ago, and thought it would be the perfect time to share with you our summer memories album that is in the making! 

My kids asked me the other day "Why haven't you made our summer memories album like you ALWAYS do?" Hahah! I'm glad I've set a precedent for them to expect, and that they enjoy it! 

I have been using the smartphone app, Collect , to save a photo every day and put a little journaling to go with it. It has been a LIFESAVER on trying to remember details! I absolutely love this little app. To pair with it, Persnickety Prints has a way to sync the app with their website and print off these adorable little photo cards that are custom made to fit perfectly into all the popular pocket pages. I can't tell you how much I love this, and how easy it is to have everything prepped this way! 

I have been using the South Shore Daily Diary kit for this little album. It's the exact vibe I want for a happy, fun, summer memories album! 


One of the things that always has me hesitant about pocket scrapbooking is that I love layers and texture... but you just have to get creative with it! I even layered a little behind the pocket and had something sticking out above the other pockets! 





Don't forget to get those summer photos scrapped before we move into fall and the warm summer months & details start fading from memory!


No comments: