Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Camper

Hi there friends! Happy Monday! Today marks my girls halfway point in their summer camp experience. Their camp graciously posts pictures every day of the previous day's activities, so I've gotten to see what they've been up to. These pics could NOT have been more perfect for the Sweet & Simple kit. So I picked on of my favorites, my oldest and her cabin, and got to work. I LOVE that I've been able to scrap some of their pictures before their even home! This is such a great kit!! And it makes me so happy to capture her in the moment.  (She's the one in the blue t-shirt arms wide open, on her counselor's back.)

Anyway, for this layout I chose to marry the Fancy Pants burlap cardstock with the bold stripes of the My Mind's Eye paper in an attempt to get just the right touch of rustic and colorful. I think it worked.  And then of course the kit includes so many "happy" embellishments, and I went with the HAPPY theme, thus "Happy Camper."



 
 

I combine my Sweet & Simple DD kit with the main kit a little bit. This arrow flair is from the DD kit as well as the Memories wood veneer and the little yellow arrow.  They were just too perfect for the page, I couldn't resist combining the two kits. 

Have a great week!

No comments: