Friday, June 13, 2014

In her HAPPY place

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!  Today I thought I'd share one of my favorite pics of my daughter doing what she loves best--drawing and coloring.  I got my inspiration from the photo itself as well as the green "happy" overlay found in the Balboa kit. I love this kit so much for all it's bright bold colors and patterns and I wanted my layout to reflect that.





 Also, as my scrapbooking has evolved over the years I've found that I like to focus on my photos first and foremost and let the design revolve around them. Today's layout is no different. I chose to layer 3 different patterned papers behind my picture and then bring in even more color with the top and bottom borders. Since the "happy" overlay wasn't quite the size I needed it to be, I cut away the frame and used the word as a part of my title. I'm all about making my kit work for me! Plus it's fun sometimes to deconstruct embellishments and use them in new and different ways.

On a side note, remember that this month Noel Mignon is sponsoring the Creative Scrappers sketches. Simply use one of this month's sketches, upload it to the CS blog, and you're entered to win a fabulous prize from Noel! Click HERE for the link to the current sketch! There will be more sketches throughout the month so the more you participate the better your chances of winning! (wink wink)

Well that's all for me! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Deanna

No comments: